Saturday, June 12, 2010

Well.....

I did four miles this morning. I did it in 51:55. Which is so totally unprecedented that I did not believe it. So, I went over in my head like a bazillion times and I am certain that I did the thing, the loop, ten times. So, then I went and double checked the mileage on gmaps pedometer and it is definitely .4 miles. So, I definitely did four miles. I just must have been going faster than I thought. One side of the loop is downhill, but the corresponding side is uphill, so I really don't see how I could be making up THAT much time just going faster downhill. Chris' theory is that I am going faster downhill but also going faster than I would think I am on the uphill.

Hmph. I am still pretty skeptical, but the bottom line is, I did four miles, in the rain. The dog and I were both soaked by the time we got home.

1 comment:

  1. good for you!!! that's an awesome time. Simon must have thought you were nuts. I bet doing the incline on the treadmill has helped you go faster on the street.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!