Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Balls

Say it as a curse. "Balls!" That's how I'm feeling. I decided to take Sunday as a day of rest, after all it is the Lord's day. Ok whatever, I was just tired, and thinking Monday I could do my 5 after I drop K at cheer practice at the ungodly hour of 5:30 am. But, I had a hard time getting to sleep Sunday night, probably because I slept most of the day, and in any case I was exhausted Monday morning so I went back to bed after I dropped K off. And then I felt disgusting the rest of the day. I went to the gym at lunch and did 3 but probably only ran 2 of it.

I went to bed at 9:30 last night so I was up and feeling good this morning, and I decided I'd try to do 5.5. It was good for about the first 15 minutes until the sun came up and then it was just a real bitch - hot, sweaty and energy sucking. The first 2 miles of that route are uphill and I could really feel the extra 10 pounds I'm carrying, even though I've been doing incline on the treadmill. I finally gave up and walked most of the last two home, after having taken numerous walk breaks during the first 3.5. But anyway, I did it. Sweating like a hog and realizing that if I want to do this in the morning I'm going to have to get up a lot earlier.

Trying to train for this thing over the summer in AZ is going to be a real bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!