Thursday, June 3, 2010

I finally did it

Okay, did my outside run and I guess third time's a charm, since it went well. I did the whole thing, doing my regular intervals, no issues. Yay! And also, WHEW! Since I was really getting concerned that something was very wrong and I wasn't going to be able to do this. Although, I still maintain a pretty healthy skepticism that I will actually be able to do what I did this morning for thirteen whole miles. I did three. I forgot to start my stopwatch, so I don't know my time, which was probably at least subliminally on purpose, since it was enough just to finish the damn thing this morning the way I planned it, I don't need some stupid clock telling me I did it wrong.

Anyhoodle, the next thing on my training schedule is five miles on the treadmill on Saturday, and the optional bike workout on Sunday. We'll see about that. I'm really not sure I would want to do the bike after running five miles, even if it is on the treadmill.

Also, my newest favorite cooldown song is "Mary" by Patty Griffin. You guys should definitely check it out, but be warned that it might make you cry. Then again, I frequently cry while doing cooldown, no matter what the song, so maybe it won't have any effect on you at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!