Saturday, June 12, 2010

Here's how it went down

I went out last night with Lo and this gay couple that I absolutely love. I was laughing so hard I was crying on two separate occasions during the evening. Great great time, but I drank too much beer and didn't get to bed until 1:30 am, which means I didn't rise from bed until 11, and a little hungover at that. I've been eating like crap too, and I had eggos with extra syrup for breakfast. So, I was thinking that I might just throw in the towel and not go at all today.

I left at 1:30 to take K to Dan's after napping on the couch, and I hadn't showered or even changed out of my nightshirt, meaning I had no bra on. And, I hadn't even brushed my teeth or washed my face. So after I dropped K, I was trying to rev myself up to go home and change and then go straight to the gym, thinking that even if its awful and I only end up going a mile or so, at least I can say I went.

It then occurred to me that I have my gym bag in the car all packed and ready, because I intended to go during lunch on Friday and I didn't end up going. So if I can just go straight to the gym instead of going home first, it will be a lot easier, because the chances of me making it back out of the house to go to the gym weren't looking good.

Anyhoo, it was in this condition that I went to the gym. I did my 2 incline but just took an easy 12 min pace. And, I ran three miles feeling pretty decent! So then I figured I'm still feeling good so I'll go for four, and I half ran half walked a fourth mile at 1 percent incline. Then I was still feeling decent so I thought I'd just make this my long run and go 5! I walked most of the last mile but it was a good pace at 1 incline.

So, yay me!!! One of those odd days I guess. I then sat in the spa and then the steam room and then took a really long shower. And now I'm home feelin pretty darn good. And that's four this week. I think I'll swim tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! I'm biking tomorrow, but probably not 20 miles like last Sunday. Then again, I didn't plan to do that last Sunday, so I guess you never know.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!