Sunday, June 6, 2010

Another 2.3

It went pretty well. I think I am gaining a bit of speed, shaving off a few seconds each time. Twice more to run this route before adding a bit on. I have reworked my training schedule. My knee is just a bit tender. If I can get at least 15 lbs off between now and October, my chances of beating my best time are good. I need to get new shoes and inserts but with my summer job falling through I hesitate to spend the money, even though I have it right now. I am thinking it's too important to put off and I better just grit my teeth and do it. Especially given that I am turning my once beautiful feet into ugly horned claws.
Couple more songs I found - Guilty Pleasure by Cobra Starship, All I Ever Wanted by Kelly Clarkson, The Sound of Sunshine by Michael Franti and Spearhead, and not sure if I told you about this one, Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner. That one is really funny. For cooldown I found Pink Moon by Nick Drake. Doesn't seem to mean anything but it's acoustic guitar and very relaxing to listen to.
Now back to my thesis, which I feel I will NEVER. FINISH. Sandy, did you ever find out what those high cortisol levels were all about?

2 comments:

  1. My newest favorites for running are The Outsiders by Needtobreath, Beauty in the World by Macy Gray, If You're Wondering if I want You To by Weezer, My newest favorites for cooldown are Mary, I already mentioned that one and Veronica by Elvis Costello.

    Please keep telling me songs!!! Both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you guys could burn this stuff and send it to me?

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!