Sunday, February 7, 2016

Fuck your ghost

A riot, suggesting
Alone I'm protesting
There's no one here standing
No loopholes, no branding
Awolnation, Like People, Like Plastic


I capped a very busy weekend off by running the mountain again - after running it Friday and yoga/running on Thursday, pedicures, hot tub, etc. I ran a lot on the way up today despite my thinking it was going to be a tough run, but on the way down I was tired and wanted to walk. Only I couldn't because the ghost of my sister was behind me threatening to overtake me. That's the thing - the great benefit of this blog and this goal - we push each other to do better. Sometimes that pushing has been more like shoving, and sometimes that has resulted in bruised feelings and egos. But still here we are, supporting one another, pushing one another, and most importantly making each other laugh. We had a big ol party for her bday this weekend and she somehow raged until 4am (I snuck up to bed at 11).  I have a memory of bragging that I can poop anywhere. I'm not sure what conversation was taking place that made this a braggable accomplishment, but the one-upmanship must continue at any cost. So I ran today, harder and further than I otherwise would have were I not being chased by a ghost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!