Sunday, November 13, 2011

When you love one another, only good rain comes down

That's Trevor Hall. I did 3.5 just slow and easy this morn, in the aftermath of a lovely rain.

I've been particularly haunted by the events revealed at Penn State this week. How does a man walk in on the rape of a 10-12 year old boy, his little hands on the wall, lock eyes with victim and rapist, and then leave?? And then how does that mans father advise him to leave the building immediately? And wait until the next day to report it, not to the police for the crime that was perpetrated on a young boy, but to the head coach?

I wish I knew that boy is ok. But nobody knows because not a single man involved in the reporting and so called investigation thought to find out who he was and whether or not he was ok, or how long he had endured this treatment at the hands of a monster.

But I digress, this is a running blog. These were the thoughts I couldn't get out of my head this morning as I jogged, and this is the song that brought me a little peace. It gave me hope that forgiveness and wholeness can be found even with this kind of evil in the world.

When your heart is troubled by feelin
You must remember there's a way to spark healin
Lovin one another is the only thing real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!