Sunday, November 20, 2011

Eh

So I did a somewhat hungover 3 yesterday, since I had my annual girls Christmas dinner on Fri at which a couple glasses of wine is mandatory. The good news is I can say "hungover 3" cause 3 miles is a pretty good run in the grand scheme of things right? Under normal circumstances? Today I just couldn't manage to get myself psyched up for a long run. There were dishes to do, household maintenance, kids to tote, writing to do, and the baking of delicious baked goods to bring to Denver for Thanksgiving. Ultimately I decided a shorter run was better than giving up on the whole idea, so this evening I did 3.5 and felt fairly good. None of this speaks well for the half marathon coming up in exactly two weeks and copious amounts of food to be eaten between now and then but . . .

1 comment:

  1. I didn't do my long either.... I just had too much to do, and my hip was hurting. I didn't even do a short. I didn't do anything. I will go today, though.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!