Saturday, November 5, 2011

9 Mile Underwear Run

I did nine miles today. It was overall fairly miserable. It was windy, but the time has passed that I can just refuse to go because of a little wind, since I have no idea if the next day I am going to be buried in snow, so if I can go I have to go. So, the first five miles were windy which was miserable.

Then, on my way back, I passed by a pair of men's jeans AND UNDERWEAR! Now, keep in mind, this was the second time I had passed this area on the trail, I was on my way back..... and I feel certain that I would have noticed a pair of tighty whities on the trail on my way there if there were any tighty whities to see. This means that in the hour since I had been there last, someone had lost both their pants and their underwear and this person was presumably somewhere near the trail. So, I spent the last four miles feeling a bit nervous and turning down my Ipod, trying to make sure that if there was some creepy flasher about that I would see him before he saw me. While I am confident that I could kick a flasher's ass, even while in the middle of a miserable run, I felt I would rather not.

Anyways, so about a half mile from the underwear, I feel okay enough to have my Ipod on again, and I hear a man's voice behind me... and because I was kind of nervous about the whole underwear thing, I naturally let out a shriek and jump about a mile and the guy goes "sorry, sorry, that is exactly what I was trying NOT to do" and I was all "it's okay, really it's okay" and I wanted to tell him that I usually don't act like such a ninny, but I was feeling a bit nervous on the trail today due to the pants and underwear lying a half mile back, but he was kind of a fast runner and he was already way too far ahead of me before I could gasp the words out.

Anyways, so my time was okay, 1:54:51, 12:46/mile, but it wasn't great. But the run wasn't great, so it's okay. My legs just felt really heavy and the first five miles felt like they were all uphill because I was running into the wind. Also, it was pretty cold, and the sun never did come out for longer than a minute or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!