Sunday, November 13, 2011

10

I had a rather awful 10 today. If I could have given up at mile eight, I would have, but I had to get back to my car, so I couldn't (which is something to be said for out and back routes, if you ask me). Time was 2:10:20, 13:02 per mile. Now, this is still on pace for an under three hour finish, so it's all good, but it was still sort of disappointment. I had to start walking through run intervals around mile seven, and once you start doing that, it is only too easy to keep doing it. This I know.

But I had some technical difficulties. I need to get a holder for another water bottle, which I will do this week. I did the whole run with a 20 oz bottle of gatorade, which was simply not smart. I also decided to take along some energy chews that had expired back in March. I thought they would just be a bit chewy. But I couldn't eat them at all, they were hard as little rocks. So, too little nutrition, too little fluid which apparently equals a terrible last two miles.

I also think I might be overtraining a bit. I need three rest days, not two if I am going to be doing these long runs and one of them simply MUST be the day before the long run. I was really regretting my elliptical efforts yesterday, my legs were simply more tired than they should have been if I am going to attempt to run for two hours.

Anyways, lessons learned. On the positive side, I am learning to spit really well (I've had some pretty awful incidents with spitting in the past, and how come girls are never taught how to spit? that's what I want to know goddammit), and while the same pair of jeans was still on the trail as last week, the underwear was gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!