Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Well, since it turns out that it is harder to run outside than it is on a treadmill (a fact that nobody bothered telling ME), today I did my four miles, and I did the first two at a 1.0 incline, the second two I did with no incline. I don't want to hurt myself or anything. But it was definitely harder and really bordered on being not very much fun, if you know what I am saying. I will do the same thing on Thursday and my plan is to have a shorter run on Saturday. I'll perhaps try three miles or even two and a half miles. I bought a camelback sort of thing at Costco over the weekend, so the water issue is solved. But the hills....... that issue still looms large.

4 comments:

  1. I did TOO tell you it was harder. I am almost certain of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you did NOT! And anyway, you don't run on a treadmill, so how would you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because I don't do it regularly doesn't mean I never DO it!! and you are right, what I said was that it was different and your muscles would probably complain. I definitely said that to you. This is the 3rd day I have overslept and not run, so the best course of action is definitely to criticize others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for me running on a treadmill is psychologically much harder, but agree its easier on the bod.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!