Sunday, May 23, 2010

Did my 45 minutes on the bike this morning (14 miles).

Also, just FYI, I have instructed Chris that his job for this race is to locate the 11.5 mile point on the course and park himself there until all three of us pass. The way I see it, that is when we need the cheering on, not at the finish line, am I right? And if I am remembering correctly, mile 11 was when there was NOBODY there, not even strangers, during the last race and it was when I wanted to quit the most.

Also, just to put a bug in everyone's ear, there is a Rock N Roll Marathon in Philadelphia. This year it is scheduled on September 19th, so I am assuming it will be sometime around that time next year as well. And Philadelphia is on my list of cities that I really REALLY want to visit, so I propose that we start planning NOW to do the Philadelphia half in 2011! We could go up there for the week or at least a few days prior to the race and see all the cool sites!


6 comments:

  1. Damn that is a lot of miles in 45 minutes!! Do you use any resistance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I put the bike on level 9, for whatever that is worth. I do a good workout on the bike, I sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats damn good. I meant to add that Chris should be more like 10.5, that's where I really started falling apart. At 11.5 you're close enough to done to start feeling happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, we'll compromise and put him right at mile 11. How would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mile 11 is good for me. That's when I fall apart. I don't start feeling good about finishing until about 12.5. :)

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!