Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One

You heard that. One mile. That's what I accomplished today. I was pissy and angry on my way to the gym, and as is often the case, I consoled myself with the notion that as long as I go and get on the treadmill I can quit whenever I want. Sometimes on those days I have great runs. On occasion I have very bad runs. Today was a bad day, although I half expected it to be a great one. I only attempted my 11 min pace for a few minutes before dropping down to 12, and then I started walking after a half mile. I walked the next half and then decided to call it a day. And I was ok with that. I try to listen to my body. And, I didn't have my ipod so I was trying to watch TV, so I was never able to get into my rhythm.

I think this is the problem I have with training for events and why I get resentful and frustrated. Because when I think about running and know I have to go 6 or 10 miles, and its most likely going to involve some level of pain, its just really hard to take that first step. Thats why my philosophy of "you win if you go, no matter how far" has always worked well for me.

Anyway. Back at it Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. You know, some days are just like that. And you did win just by going. That is the simple fact.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!