Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm in!

Okay, I just registered!! I missed the stupid cheap deadline, but oh well.

Here is my training schedule. I am thinking right now that I am only going to do one training walk per week, with my regular cardio workouts three times a week as well. Last time I had a hard time motivating myself to do my own workouts as training walks....I just have a hard time getting the exercise in if I am not going to the gym and I am trying to not be to ambitious for this training schedule, since then I won't stick to it and will throw in the towel altogether, which is what happened the last time I registered for this 1/2 marathon (before the OC one, I had thought I would do the rock and roll and ended up giving up because I was scared I would get picked up by the paddy wagon). SO, all that nonsense being said, here is my training schedule. I am getting ready right now to get a route for today's walk.

10/4 3 miles
10/11 3 miles
10/18 3.5 miles
10/25 3.5 miles
11/1 4 miles
11/8 4.5 miles
11/15 5 miles
11/22 5.5 miles
11/29 6 miles
12/6 6.5 miles
12/13 7 miles
12/20 7.5 miles
12/27 8 miles
1/3 8.5 miles
1/10 9 miles

I am assuming I don't need to do any longer than a 9 miles training walk, if I can do 9 then I can certainly do the 1/2 on race day, right? Right.

UPDATE: Upon leaving my neighborhood to do my training walk which I had mapped out in advance, I immediately got lost and ended up wandering around. I mapped it when I got home and it was still three miles but sheesh! I can't go ten feet around here without getting lost.... STILL!

3 comments:

  1. the only thing I would say is that you shouldn't do the 9 the week before the marathon because you want your body to be well rested. I'd do the 9 probably two weeks before and then the week before only do 6 or so. You're supposed to taper so that your body is rested and in peak condition on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that true even when walking it? Because I could see that with running it, but it seems like if I am walking it, I should be able to do the nine the week before and then not do anything else until the race. That was my thought anyway. But probably I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I was thinking the same principle would apply. But maybe I'm wrong. My friend got a "half marathons for non-runners" book. I'll ask her what it says.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!