Monday, April 18, 2016

So I will find my fears and face them
Or I will cower like a dog
- Bright Eyes, Another Travelin Song

So I did 2 miles before yoga tonight. It was a good class and I did well - I totally floated my half moon on both sides (make of that what you will). I had some good insights too. I decided to focus on forgiveness. It occurred to me whilst floating that you can't really hold anger against a drowning man who pulled you under while trying to save himself. Or a boy lost in the woods who, while clinging to your leg, prevented you from finding the way out. In that case I can be grateful I made it back out of the ocean, and also sleep peacefully knowing the drowning man is surrounded by life savers, there for the grabbing, and the boy has a map in his pocket if only he will dig for it. We can all save ourselves. We cannot save each other. So in that way, from that perspective, forgiveness is an easy decision - both for myself and the drowning man. More easily said than done, but a good perspective nevertheless. On another note, I accidentally ate three dinner rolls before yoga (these delicious and addicting rolls from Costco). So I decided to just have a protein bar after. But that didn't last long so I also had a little turkey sandwich on said delicious rolls. At least I'm getting protein in addition to my empty carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!