Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Blah

I want a little bit of everything
The biscuits and the beans
Whatever helps me to forget about
The things that brought me to my knees

So pile on those mashed potatoes
And an extra chicken wing
I'm having a little bit of everything

     - Dawes

For my sister, who is struggling with her running and her weight. Sometimes things bring you to your knees. Sometimes pumpkin bread helps. Sometimes it's okay to let the pie love you back. 

I did three miles, then 40 floors on that whatever stair machine. I did not want to do Body Flow. I did not want to breathe, I did not want to stretch. I did not want to find my center, I did not wish to assume warrior poses. 

I did not want to do it here, or there. I did not want to do it anywhere. But I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!