Monday, April 25, 2016

Got a whole lotta reasons to be mad, let's not pick one

There ain't nobody here who can cause me pain or raise my fear
Cause I got only love to share
If you're looking for truth I'm proof you'll find it there

      -Avett Brothers

This is a fun little ditty that I put on my playlist this week. That line about a lot of reasons to be mad makes me laugh. No need to pick just one, people!

So after Friday's exertions, we went for a ten mile hike with our hiking club. It was the first hike of the season and it really didn't seem that difficult but I was really sore after. Meanwhile, Chris is all "I'm a little sore, but nothing bad" and for me getting on and off the toilet is now a chore. That bastard, he's always been a stronger hiker than me. I take solace in the fact that he gets injured every time he runs more than two or three miles. 

Anyway, so instead of being a normal human being and resting after a ten mile hike, I instead followed it up on Sunday with a three mile run, 60 floors on the stairs, and a body flow class. Then we walked around Costco and the grocery store because we have two teenagers in the house and it turns out keeping them fed is a real damn chore!

So today, I rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!