Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Tempo Run

We cruised along at half speed
But then we shifted gears
We ran like vampires from a thousand burning suns
-Rise Against

As I understand it, there is a thing called a tempo run.  You run at a comfortable pace at the beginning and end of your run, but at a faster pace in the middle.  So I tried it.  On the treadmill.  It wasn't awful.  It helped to break up the monotony of the treadmill (that and the episode of Property Brothers that was playing in the gym).  I don't think my top speed approached that of vampires running from a thousand burning suns.  It was more like the Hulk jogging to his yoga class. Which might sound like nonsense, but just consider yourself lucky.  I've been trying to win the New Yorker cartoon contest.  Or I should say, I've been trying to get the judges to recognize the true winner.  So questions about what Hulk would say in a yoga class have been filling my head. 

My 3 miles today brings me up to 354 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!