Saturday, September 28, 2013

Break wind

That wind is callin my name
And I won't break
Or I'll never get on
- Blind Pilot, Half Moon

The wind was angry today, my friends. It was a gorgeous day and I took to the mountain around 9. Thanks goddess for fall and cooler temps, but there was a small wind on the mountain that kicked up mini dustdevils. I kept my hat low and forged through it, grateful I didn't wear my weighted vest today. About 3/4 mile in I passed a guy in a wide-brim sunhat stretching. He stayed behind me, but at one point came charging past me. He sounded like a panicked elephant with his giant hiking boots, and he was holding his fanny pack to keep it from jiggling. And he had a phone or something in it that he was listening to someone talking with no headphones. When he started walking I passed him again, but right away he came pounding past me again, running furiously up this rocky slope that really isn't runnable. And he charged past this family with two kids scrambling to get out of the way. At first I thought he was just an ahole, but then I realized he must be doing some type of jihadist training. So the next time I passed him I tried to memorize his features for my interview with the police later. He was sotting down, still listening to the speaker and he wouldn't meet my eyes. His shirt said RELAX - nice cover buddy, but you didn't fool me. So that's 4.5 for the day, 6.5 for the week. Not my best week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!