Sunday, September 1, 2013

My State of Grace Is Gone

Oh, I for one may not shy,
Away from the fact that I'm sick,
And too tired to stand this
-Hot Water Music

Today's post will be brought to you by Grumpy Old Bastard.  Here's the deal.  I, as a convicted (but reformed) jaywalker, obey the laws around crossing the street.  I expect the same of all of you - especially you Green Camry.  I know you had a Whole Foods emergency.  Maybe they were running out of grass-fed, free-range lettuce.  Or something like that.  But just don't try to run over me on your way to get there. 

And another thing.  If you park your car across the sidewalk - you are only giving people three options.  I'm not running into the street (on a matter of principle), I'm unable to do a cool parkour move over your car, and so I have to run into your yard.  And sometimes egregiously and gratuitously.  I think this is fair - it's not like I'm going to burn down your house.  That would be my friend Randy's response.  But he is a documented serial escalator - it's why we both love and fear him.  Anyway - the blocking of the sidewalk is just so selfish - there are plenty of spots on the street, just park there.  And speaking of selfish Texans - Johnny, don't be such a jackass.  You've got the brains of Favre and the arm of Tebow.  Neither of those is a compliment. 

Wow - I don't know where all that came from.  Oh yeah - it was hot and I ran 5 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!