Friday, September 6, 2013

Resolutions

Resolutions, resolutions, a little too much sin
I want to play some Al Green records and spend more time with Tim
I want to get out in the sunshine and take some of it in
Take it slow
-Dave Hause

I keep resolving to get up early and run, but it just doesn't work.  This sounds like a clear no fault situation.  For whatever reason, but clearly not my fault, getting up early isn't working.  And so that means I have to jam a run in some other time during the day.  During the hot, hot day.  (You would miss the heat reference if it wasn't here).  Since I didn't have much time to fit in my run, I decided to do the mile challenge.  And after .3 miles of running hard, I was pretty winded.  Awesome.  Anyway - I made it all the way through my 1 mile and my time was not awful, but it could be better.  I was a little bit faster than the 50th percentile for my age.  I hope that is the 50th percentile of runners and not of everyone, but I won't look any closer.

So in the spirit of speeding things up, I will add this version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAt85nUvb-g) of Resolutions to the playlist, but not this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyG-7vvo_eE).  Good for Dave for experimenting, but as much as I love the folk music he sings, it's his inner punk that makes it work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!