Friday, December 14, 2012

Too Tired

You can't breathe until you choke
You gotta laugh when you're the joke
-Sixx A.M.

A difficult 3 mile run today.  Two main problems - lungs and phone.  My lungs hurt right from the start - and I felt really tired.  Tired enough that I spent the first part of the run trying to remember which of the former U of A guards suffered from chronic fatigue syndrome.  And then I thought about a story that my recently married rocket scientist friend told me about linebacker Brian Cushing.  He (Cushing) ran afoul of the NFL's drug policy and he blamed his test on overtrained athlete syndrome, which might be a real thing, but didn't ring true as an excuse.  So the local sports radio station sarcasticly suggested having a walk to raise awareness for overtrained athlete syndrome - but then realized they should make sure it was a short walk - so as not to further contribute to the problem.  I tried to diagnose myself with either of these diseases, but I think I just need to go to bed earlier.

Even worse than feeling tired and having my lungs hurt was that my phone didn't work correctly.  Before my run I took a call while it was syncing and I unplugged and screwed it up.  It would only play one song at a time and it was 2 songs behind whatever song I picked.  It was really weird.  I had to erase all the music off my phone and resync to make it work.  Also exhausting. 

And yes - the above quoted song is on the playlist.  I'm not proud of it, but it is.  Here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvn1N3URXkM

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!