Saturday, December 29, 2012

How Many Laps To Go?

And if you're leaving well come
Give me reason why I let you down
Before you turn around now, now
Before you turn around
-Matt Costa
I've done a little research and it looks like the course map for the R&B 1/2 marathon involves running the same loop 3 times.  Which is a little lame.  But also scary.  Because I really don't want to be passed by a 12-year-old girl on her way to the finish line while I still have another loop to go.  But no matter - I will prepare to deal with that issue.  I will carry some Taylor Swift paraphernalia that I can toss in the other direction to slow her down. 

Or I could try to run faster.  Which is not what I did today.  I ran 3 miles but felt very sluggish.  Perhaps it was the Texas chips I ate before my run.  And Texas chips is not a euphemism for cow poo or anything like that.  These are chips that look like Texas.  And not like "that one looks like California" and "that one looks like Mike Tyson".  They are all designed in the shape of the country state of Texas.

But we can count something productive from the run.  We add "Astair" by Matt Costa to the playlist.  This song is very mellow and it is the first song on the playlist.  The idea is that it prevents me from going out in a sprint with the fast people (and by that I mean the small children).  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4CfS4UNukk

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!