Sunday, December 16, 2012

Another Sunday Run

Forgive me father, why should you bother?
Try honesty, Try honesty
-Billy Talent

I ran about 5.25 today.  In the rain.  It was raining a little when I started and I decided based on my thorough anaylsis of weather patterns nothing but hope that it was going to let up.  Turns out I was wrong.  It rained pretty hard, but there is something great about running in the rain.

On my run I encountered on of those street signs with "your speed here".  No one else was on the street with me and it registered an 8 and then a 12.  I'm going to assume that the 12 mph was accurate and that I was running at a 5:00 mile pace.  But more concerning is that this sign mistook my body for a car.  And this is Texas - these things aren't calibrated to pick up Smart cars or Mini Coopers (or baseballs - despite what Dennis Quaid movies depict), they are set for the endless parade of F150s and Yukons.  I'm going to assume it was the extra 50 pounds of rain that I captured in my clothes that put me over the threshold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!