Monday, December 17, 2012

A strange thing happened

On my way out the door tonight. I forgot my iPod. I actually muttered the words "I forgot my walkman" after I started jogging. Am I the only one that occasionally slips up with that 80's term? I had one of them fancy yellow plastic Sony sport Walkmans. I was a badass. Anyhoo, I just kept going because I was in a hurry to get home and make dinner for my little ones. There comes a point on life where instead of your kids hounding you to make dinner, you are hounding them to come home for dinner. Monday is a required dinner night in my house and I had to get home to make the tuna casserole. I did a decent 3 miles and walked the last half home. It was damn cold and unlike my sister, who runs come hail, sleet, snow, fire or high water, I am a fair weather runner. I didn't go all weekend mostly because it was raining and also because I was a little sad. But I'm leaving for Denver tomorrow and then Salt Lake City and am not sure if I will be able to run the rest of the week. My shoes are packed with good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!