Wednesday, December 5, 2012

No Excuses, Except That ...

But then some day we could take our time
To brush the leaves aside so you can reach us
-Candlebox

This probably has some deep meaning that I'm not getting, but I've always thought of it as the solution to the worst excuse ever.  "I'd really like to reach you, but there are leaves in the way and I don't want to take the time to brush them aside".  So in that spirit I'm going to offer up some lame excuses for why I haven't been running

My foot hurt
My wife went to a conference and I had additional child care responsibilities
Work was demanding
I went to Vegas, but not to run
Too hungry
No free gym at the the hotel

I decided to overcome the last one and pay the $16 for a daily pass.  The real reason this upsets me is that the only criteria I use for booking a hotel is if there is a fitness center (or centre if I was booking North of the border).  But I paid, ran 1.5 miles on the treadmill, took a phone call, did intervals on the indoor track with lifting mixed in, and then ran another mile on the treadmill.  I'm going to call this 3 miles.  And I'm back.  Thinking about running the other Galveston 1/2 in February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!