Thursday, December 27, 2012

McDowell`s

Man, I dig those rhythm and blues
-Don McLean

I ran a little under 4 miles today - or I guess I should say tonight.  The darkness didn't help anything and neither did my confusion about the weather.  I wore my "it's cold, but not under 40 degrees" outfit of shorts, long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt, green hat, and gloves.  But while it was about 55 degrees, it was also really humid (or raining a little - in Houston sometimes it is hard to tell if it is sprinkling or just nasty).  So I was somehow both hot and cold while I was running.

But I did decide that my next event will be the Rhythm and Blues Half Marathon in Houston on February 10th.  Everyone is invited.  Here is the link

http://rhythmandblueshalfmarathon.com/

This event reminds me of something - I`m sure it will come to me soon.  All of a sudden, I`m reminded of the time that I went to a Dairy Country and had an ice cream treat with Oreos mixed in that they called a Wizard.  It was a little bit like a Blizzard, but totally different (according to them).  They also said that the Dairy Queen people didn`t mind their existence (we asked).  Anyway - this is a brilliant idea to combine a type of music and running, I`m surprised someone didn`t think of it sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Not that I am in any position to give someone in Texas wardrobe advice (or to give anyone advice about anything), but I think the issue might have been the hat. If you are talking about that green one that Sandy gave everyone in Vegas? I have found that hat to only be good for temps 35 and below. It's awesome for really cold runs, but overheats you really fast if it is too warm for it. I had a couple of runs like the one you describe, being overheated while still being cold, while wearing that hat.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!