Sunday, September 30, 2012

Snake Run

Drink the water drink it down
-Jack Johnson

Life lesson for today - complaining works.  I have, over the past few months, complained that none of my friends are waiting in their front yards with a glass of water in case I run by.  While I had no serious expectation, it seemed like it wouldn't hurt to whine about it.  Then today on my run, I came across the whole family in the front yard and the youngest one was shot from a cannon to get me water.  It was pretty damn good.  And now I can stop complaining about the water.  But you know, no one is ever waiting in their front yard with a bag of gold to give me ...

When I got up this morning, I was way more interested in my fantasy football team's injury report than any thoughts of a run.  I struggled out the door, but my run today really had no plan.  I had a vague long run in mind, but it looked like rain and I've been struggling a little with allergies, and I really didn't want to run, so I just started along the normal 2 mile neighborhood loop.  But then after the refreshment, I ran up and down every street in between.  Total came up to 4 miles.  I'm going to have to think about whether this is a great or terrible way to run.  Or maybe, like Voldemort, it is great and terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!