Thursday, September 27, 2012

T Dot

They got the weed, and they got the taxis
-The Clash

Yep - that's right, I visited the T Dot, Hogtown, The Big Smoke - whatever you want to call it.  I just try to blend and call it Turannah.  If you pronounce the second t, it's like announcing you don't live there.  Which I guess I don't.  But still it is in my soul.  I saw my good friend Lake Ontario and exchanged silent pleasantries and wished I was able to squeeze in a run.  But I was too busy - I saw a lot of friends, smuggled some money out of the country (or legitimately wired it), paid my $55 in corporate tax (my accountant doesn't suck), and snuck around the outside of my old house taking pictures (that's actually true - don't tell anyone).

The nation is not in a good place right now.  While south of the border we've all been distracted by creative officiating in the NFL, the NHL players have been quietly locked out.  What if this was the year for the Maple Leafs to win the Cup and they won't have a season?  OK - that's crazy talk, but it will be difficult to make it through a winter without Hockey Night In Canada and Thursday night games at the Fill Station.  Good luck my brothers.

I've been dragging ass a little since I got back and didn't feel like running at all today.  But I thought I would do something to get back into it.  So I set out to run the 2 mile loop inside my neighborhood.  And when I started I felt like crap.  And then I felt better.  No really.  I did.  I extended the run to just over 3 and felt way better than when I started.  Weird - but I'll take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!