Tuesday, September 11, 2012

UConn Territory

Stay out super late tonight
picking apples, making pies
put a little something in our lemonade and take it with us
-The National

I went to Connecticut just to run on a treadmill.  Well, let me explain.  I went to Connecticut for work - there was a big training session and some associated social events.  We had a pretty full day of training and then got back to the hotel at 4:30.  My presence was required for drinks at 5:30.  Sounds like plenty of time to run.  I quickly ran 2.25 miles on the treadmill with some pretty sweet intervals that were fast and at incline.  Felt really good.

I was invited to a different dinner than the rest of the group and so instead of going to the apple orchard, I went to the steak house.  Which was really good, but I did have some hope of going to the orchard and eating the hell out of some Empire apples.  That's right - red delicious, fiji, whatever - none of them have anything on Empire.  Oh well.  I'm also sure that there would have been some entertainment at the orchard (and not just some weirdo looking for an obscure type of apples) since some of my co-workers discovered the "package store".  This is apparently the name for a liquor store in Connecticut since the liquor must be packaged in a sealed container when it leaves the store.  However, once you get to your car you can crack it open since open containers are OK.  Anyway, I'm sure there were hijinks, as these guys didn't come all this way to run on a treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!