Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good
- John Mayer, Heart of Life

Today was pretty awesome. I slept for about 10 hours last night and went to the gym late morning well rested. I did 2 on treadmill but extended my 2% incline to 1.35 mi then finished up on 1%. Then I did a mile on the track with strength training every 3 laps. I've decided I really like that workout. It makes the strength training bearable. And, I'm pretty sure the hip flexor exercises will help my butt cheek problem. Now I'm gonna reward myself with a little relaxation reading by the pool.

Also I have a new favorite gym person. There was this tiny old lady, probably 4'8" walking painfully slow laps around the track. She took a rest break after every lap. It looked like maybe she was recovering from a stroke, and my heart nearly burst with admiration for her. This jackass guy was sprinting laps and at one point darted between me and her to avoid having to slow down, and I'm sure it startled her. I wanted to punch him. A-hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!