Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Running at night in Canada

Last year, after the Vegas run I took 100 days off from any running.  And then to make sure that I didn't mess that up, I took another month (or 2) to rest up.  This year is going to be different.  I ran on Monday night and then again tonight.  I set out to run 4 miles and about 1 mile in I started to think about how badly it was going.  But then I reached my turnaround point and everything got better.  Perhaps it was because the midpoint of my run was Canadian Tire - and I started thinking about what a terrible store it is and it took my mind off of how crappy my run was going. 
Canadian Tire is like the communist store in Moscow in 1982 - if you want to buy drill bits, a hockey stick, and a box of chocolate chip cookies, you can get them all at Canadian Tire - you'll just be disappointed that they all suck.  To top it off, our Canadian Tire also has a Service Ontario inside of it where you can renew your driver's license, get your health card for all-you-can-take-health-care, or report any suspect behaviour (that's right, behaviour) of any of your comrades.
Anyway - with that to think about I finished my run.  I got to my last turn and thought that it didn't look right and so I kept going.  Turns out I had already gone too far.  So I ran 4 + a little.  I'm so far ahead of the game.

1 comment:

  1. Lured in to overrunning by the temptresses of misdirection and mediocre commerce...so typical.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!