Thursday, January 19, 2012

Only just a dream

I am on a weekend trip with my sisters to Jerome.  We are in the kitchen of our condo and they are teasing me about how much I eat.  I am getting agitated and defending myself.  M makes a particularly snide comment and i grab her bowl of tuna salad and throw it across the room.  "Again with the tuna salad?" she asks, because i have thrown her tuna salad twice before when angry.  Then my beautiful K chimes in, "Come on, mom, you can't even make it through a shower without having a snack." I am so wounded by this betrayal, i scream at the top of my lungs, my vocal chords straining, "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH EATING WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I storm out of the kitchen back to the bedroom, and i deliberately refrain from slamming the door because I know this story will be told over and over in exaggerated tales, and i need this one fact in my favor so i can say in my defense that i didn't slam the door.  I am rummaging through my drawer hoping i brought a xanax, debating whether i should take one and then realizing that after losing it like that i definitely need one.  And then my phone is ringing and its my J calling to ask if i will drive him to the bus stop and i am awake. 

I am still exhausted from this dream.  Today is going to be tough to exercise because I'm in meetings until 1030pm and i didn't go this morning before work.  I was too busy shouting down my demons. 

4 comments:

  1. But have you really thrown M's tuna salad twice before, or was that part of the dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus christ... this is why I quit Janathon... it's too much! Your body needs some rest! And of all people, I would be the very last one to make a comment on how much anyone eats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, that was me, not Rach. And I can't recall you ever throwing my tuna salad. I don't even make tuna salad, I make tuna casserole, so that was part of the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's good at least. Why the hell would we take a sister trip to Jerome?? LOL!!! What a funny dream.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!