Saturday, January 14, 2012

Race strategy: Pain Avoidance

That's my strategy for tomorrow, an event for which I am most woefully unprepared.  I was unprepared for Vegas, but this is indeed woeful.  So, I will walk when I want to and jog slowly otherwise and take all measures necessary to ensure that I am not as miserable after the run as I was after Vegas.  A 13 mile stroll in the AZ sunshine, if you will.  And it will be lovely. 

Instead of quoting other artists today, bf and I collaborated on a rap for the occasion.  Put a beat to it:

Ain't feeling no pain
No I ain't insane
Like Saddam Hussain
I've got to regain
My competitive vein
Without which I'm sayin
There ain't no gain
Gonna step outta the rain
In which I have lain
Don't need a cane
I'll say it again
Ain't feeling no pain
No I'm not gonna strain
My body insane
To walk victory lane
Uh.
**Should add that after walking for 2 hours at the expo, I also walked a mile for janathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!