Friday, January 13, 2012

No way I'm running today

Absolutely no way I'm running today without this blog.  But the blog exists and therefore so does run #3 of 2012.  I woke up this moring to 25 degree weather and snow.  Not ideal conditions, but a good excuse to have a short run.  I put on my running pants and set out to run.  Thankfully I avoided the common pitfall of confusing pants and underwear and so I didn't have any wardrobe problems.

I ran for a bit but when I turned South I realized just how much my neighborhood slopes down toward the lake.  I had the thought that if I slip I would slide all the way into Lake Ontario.  No matter that I would have had to cross Queen street and zip around a couple of buildings on my ass-bobsled, it seemed like a real possibility at the time.  So I started taking short choppy steps.  Which made me go faster.  Which made me take shorter choppier and faster steps.  Now I thought I wouldn't be going in the lake on my ass-bobsled, I would be going in head over heels like a cartoon avalanche.  Then I turned West and all was fine. 

Much like my friend - I also have a two part workout.  After the endurance portion (running), I do some agility drills (Mario Kart).  Go Yoshi go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!