Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This is why we do it

Yesterday J and I hiked Table Mountain, potentially one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. Its a giant plateau framing capetown and striking in its beauty. There is no better way to experience this wonder than to climb every sweaty step. It took 2.5 hours and 3500 ft increase in elevation. It was definitely one of the most difficult hikes I've done in my life. It was probably 5-6 miles, much of it quite steep and rocky. The views from the top were stunning. J was a real trooper and somewhere along the way has gotten stronger and faster than his mom. So this is why we run - so that we are in strong physical condition to be able to enjoy the physical challenges and adventures that life presents. Only 5 of us out of our group of 50 had the courage to do it.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you so effing ROCK!!!! That is just the most awesome thing EVER, this is now my favorite post. Also, that picture makes me so happy I could weep with it. I'm so glad you are having such a good and rewarding time with Jake. I can't believe how he has grown, it seems like all of the sudden. Thanks for taking time to post even when you are in a different country, that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!