Monday, October 17, 2011

Less than ideal conditions

Today started with a bang. Went to airport, almost missed my flight. Gate was closed but thk goddess they let me on, sans breakfast. Flew 3 hours. No food on plane. Drove 3 hours. Had new hot n juicy burger at wendys (delicimoso, I highly recommend). Got to tiny northern minnesota town where there's work to be done, and where its also freezing (45 degrees and light rain). Went straight to dinner, had delicious indian taco. Running outside in dark and cold was out of the question. It was 9pm. Ventured down to "fitness room" which as usual contained exactly one treadmill, a bike, and some lame weight equipment. Dark and in basement, nobody around. Would swear I'm the only staying here. Windows looking out over what I cannot see due to lights so for all I know I'm putting on a show for someone. Ipod dead. TV remote nowhere to be found. Have exactly 5 tunes on blackberry, one of which is "dirty picture" by tao cruz/kesha. Basement inspection reveals a couple hooligan boys in pool next door. Treadmill faces corner opposite door, so I turn on tready and dirty picture and watch myself in window and dead tv reflection to be sure nobody comes in behind me. Identify towel rack on floor to be used as weapon in the event. Notice old sweat stains on tready and utter lack of towels or water in room. Imagine all the grody germs on this particular piece of equipment. Resolve not to touch it ever again. Unable to reset machine, start jog at 50 min and some random miles. Resolve to get to 80 min. Get down with dirty picture and end up doing 37 min, probly 3 mi. Better than anticipated given todays travel, taco, and lingering intestinal troubles.

Whenevr u r gone I just wanna be witcha
Pls don't get me wrong I just wanna see ur pitcha

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know they had golf courses in northern Minnesota. Why are there golf courses in northern Minnesota? You are way awesome for getting it done! I myself did 2.5 tready miles today which were too unremarkable to blog about.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!