Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's Okay

I've been doing okay this week so far. My last two runs, Friday and today, were kind of awful. Both times I set out to do three miles and cut it short at 2.5. Both runs were about 12:10/mile, which isn't terrible time (I am doing 3R/1W intervals) but I just felt really miserable for both runs. I think I keep waiting too long in the morning to set out and then it is too damn hot. My long is tomorrow and I need to plan! Set up my coffee to brew at 5:00 AM, so that I know it is waiting for me, which compels me to get up and get my running clothes on. That way I have an hour to fuck around and can still get out before it gets too unbearable. The other thing is that I think I am going to have to start carrying hydration. I hadn't been doing that, but now that it is so warm and I am just sweating so much, I think that might also be contributing to the misery.

Tomorrow I am supposed to do my long, which this week is 4.25 miles. I will get up earlier. I will not take the dog. I will buy some G2 at the store today so I can carry some hydration with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!