Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dear Bike Riders of Castle Rock,

I know you are all good people. Or at least, most of you are. But I find it necessary to remind all of you that you are, in fact, riding a moving vehicle. The fact that this moving vehicle is powered by your own legs does not make it immune from what we in the civilized world of suburbia like to call "traffic laws". One of these quaint little laws is that you must YIELD TO PEDESTRIANS. Now, I realize that I am jogging, not walking (okay, sometimes I am walking). And I am sure that in my own mind I am a Kenyan, running six minute miles, as fast as the very breeze! But I can assure you that in reality I am definitely slow enough to qualify as a pedestrian. So please, stop acting like my morning jogs should play out like some kind of mad pinball game wherein I am dodging around trying not to be run down by you in your stupid diaper shorts.

Thanks a million,

M

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!