Sunday, January 16, 2011

its Official: My Dog is FAT

I took her to the vet yesterday and they confirmed that yes, this is cause for concern. She weighs 18.7 pounds and should weigh 13-15. So really she's obese. My reason for mentioning this is that she was my inspiration to go today for the first time since my surgery. I mean I have taken her on walks here and there, about a mile or so. But today was the first I'd qualify as exercise. I was just going to ride my bike with her to make sure she got enough exercise, but then I thought, hey, I'm feeling well enough, I'll try it. So I went two miles and did a real slow jog for about a third of it and walked at a decent pace the rest. It felt good to be out there again and I was real careful not to overdo it. I'm feeling ok this evening and just a bit sore in my abs and around my scar. So, should be good to slowly build from here. I'm not going to integrate any strength training until I'm 6 weeks out. I'm 3.5 weeks out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!