Sunday, January 16, 2011

3.1

4 minutes running to 1 minute walking, on treadmill. So, almost back to where I was before the "December of Nothing", which is how it shall henceforth be known, on the treadmill. Before December I was just running on that damn thing, no walking. I haven't run outside yet at all, not since November 27th. Goodness. I've walked outside since then, but not done my usual 2/2 intervals outside. The weather this month has been too terrible to do it, really really cold (like below zero cold in the morning) and also icy. So, treadmill running it has been. But that's okay, since I think treadmill running was a good way to get back on track after the December of Nothing.

I got new insoles for my shoes. They are called Montrail enduro-soles. I was initially concerned because they push my heel up in my shoe and it felt different and I was concerned that they might cause heel blisters, but I figured if they did I would take them back and demand my money back. But they didn't. So, we'll see how it goes. I did also calculate today that my shoes have 250 miles on them. So my shoes are still good.

Also, I was reading the penguin blog and this cracked me up:

I tried to run too fast [someone told me that anything slower than a 7 minute pace was jogging, and I didn't want to be a jogger]

It cracked me up, because it's amazing to me the things someone can say to you, no matter how foolish or random, and how they stick with you! I remember hearing at some point that the average person walks four miles per hour. I spent years thinking that if I wasn't walking four miles per hour, I might as well not be doing anything, since I was walking even slower than the "average" person. HA!




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!