Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I wanna be in

Ok, I convinced myself to read the blog for the first time in months. I've gained 9 lbs since my last post. I am having a horrible time with my eating and even though I am aware of the stressors behind my difficulties, the knowledge doesn't seem to make a difference.
Marianne it's funny you talked about adding strength training. I was thinking the same thing. A friend invited me to do the Warrior Dash with her and her friends. I would really like to do it, but I read the description and it is very intimidating. You have to pull yourself over a wall, drag yourself on your elbows in the mud underneath barbed wire, climb up cargo nets and mountains of hay bales, rappel down a short cliff, etc. If I want to drag myself up or down or through any barriers, I better not be such a heavy self. And, I better have muscles all over, not just in my lower body. I was thinking about trying to fit Curves into my budget, but after reading Marianne's post, I think there is no reason I can't do the strength training without a gym. Especially if the workout room at my work has weights, which I think it does. It looks like the course is 10k, so training for the running part would not be difficult. The biggest obstacle is the $50 fee and the cost of traveling to Florence. Sad. The event is on April 30 so if I get going, I have 3 whole months to train.
I would love to do the 1/2 in Vegas. I think by then I can probably afford the race and the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! The half marathon, at this point, is the most flexible of my goals. I'm going to see how I feel and if I am doing well in the other races.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!