Monday, January 24, 2011

2

I didn't post again last week but I did 2 on Monday, walked the first mile and real slow jog the second mile. We had our leadership conference all week and then drove to vegas this weekend for Garth Brooks show, so nothing else last week.

However, I started this week off on a good note. I did 2 miles after I dropped Kailey at the bus and was home in time to get ready for work and take Jake. I did a real slow jog the whole way and it took me 28 minutes, so 14 min miles. I feel pretty good. My goal is to continue this in the mornings (although its damn hard when its still dark and cold out at 7am!). I'm going to stick to 2 miles until I get it down to 10 or 11 min miles, then add a half mile until I get to 3, with the goal being to do 3 miles in 30 minutes. Only then will I focus on longer distances.

As for strength training, I'm going to buy either a medicine ball or a bosu. These were critical tools in the core training I did with my trainer a couple years ago, and they can be done at home in front of the TV. But again, not gonna worry about that for another couple weeks.

On the health front - my goal has been to add more fiber to my diet, starting with breakfast. So I've been trying to eat fiber one, which tastes like poop, or oatmeal. And, I'm drinking a 24 oz decaf ice tea once or twice a day, and limiting myself to one diet soda (that's not new, but its what I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!