Monday, March 23, 2009

the running store

I went to the running store yesterday. I got new insoles, ball of foot gel pads, endurance drink powder, a gel packet, and some electrolyte jellybeans. This training is getting to be an expensive hobby. After exhaustive research and talking to other runners, it seems that I need to have either a) electrolyte drink or b) electrolyte gel or c)electrolyte other, such as jellybeans, every 3 miles or so. That seems like a lot to me. In between those, I should have water, otherwise I won't get what I need from the other junk. When I tell the other runners about the 5-mile wall I can't seem to get past, they are absolutely certain that it's because my body doesn't have enough fuel to keep going. So I am going to try this on the weekend. Hopefully the new insoles and the gel pads will help my feet situation and I will also have an easy week - 3 miles on Tuesday and Thursday and then 8 on Saturday or Sunday. Maybe I should go for 6 instead of 8 but I sure hate the thought of going backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!