Sunday, March 29, 2009

20

I did 20 miles last night. It took me 4.5 hours. I left at 8pm and got home at 12:30. I am grateful to Missy for goading me, and maybe the reason I went 20 is because I didn't really have time to get all psyched out about it. I just downloaded some new music and went. I felt really good for the first 10 and then got increasingly worn. I walked the last 3 at a decent pace and was just really feeling wiped. I think I'd do better if I'd had more gel packs, as I only took one at 9 miles. Anyway, I'm glad I did it and I won't be doing it again!! It just really sucks to run that long. I don't know why people want to do that.

I feel very blessed to have my wonderful and divine sistas on this journey with me. You guys have kept me going when I so badly wanted to give up. Thank you for helping me accomplish this dream.

"I got nothin but affection for those who sail with me." - Cheryl Crow

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for going all that way. You are going to feel great when you accomplish this goal. I think its amazing you can go 20. I really can't imagine it.
    I wanted to ask you if you get nervous before the race. I'll bring Xanax for the night before and you bring immodium or whatever it's called. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get nervous but make sure I get awesome sleep the whole week so that if I don't sleep well the night before it doesn't impact me. I wouldn't take anything the night before as I wouldn't want anything like that in my system the next morning but its up to you. And I will be packin the immodium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you make sure you get awesome sleep??

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!