Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Here's The Dealio

I had a lengthy conversation with my surgeon today about exercise and what I can do and when. What he says is this:

From day of surgery until two weeks after, only very light walking as tolerated, so just around the block or whatever and walking very slowly.

Two weeks to four weeks after surgery, increase pace and intensity of walking as tolerated, I can do aerobic exercise at this point in moderation and as tolerated.

Four weeks after surgery, I am in the clear and can do whatever aerobic activity I choose and for however long I want.

SO, I interpret this to mean that if I have the surgery on the 23rd, as scheduled, I can do a few good train walks for the 5K the last three weeks in April and then I should be able to do the 5K with his blessings on May 3rd. So, I am still totally in for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!