Sunday, March 8, 2009

I need to get my shit together

I did 12 yesterday which was awesome except that I felt certain I would die after. I probably ran about 10 of it. I did 3.5 this morning and it really wasn't so bad. A slow jog helps recovery I think. Anyway, prior to that I hadn't done anything since Tuesday because on Weds I had to go have a drink with my boss because he has cancer and it entertains him greatly to hear my pathetic dating stories. And after two glasses of wine I just couldn't see going running. Could I have had only one? Or just tea for that matter? Sure, but that wouldn't have been nearly as fun. And Thurs I had a police officer come to the house to scare K a little, then she had practice and I went to see a friend's baby in the hospital. And Friday K had a competition and I was going to to at 9 when we got home but figured why bother when I was going to go Sat morning? Which turned in to Sat afternoon, but whatever. I digress. I need to be more committed and consistent with my training because that's the only way this thing is going to get done. And no matter how hard it is, I'm DOING IT because I can't get myself geared up mentally, emotionally or physically to attempt this again before I turn 40.

So, this Weds I think I have to go to San Diego for work, which will make it tough. And next Weds I have tickets to a Suns game in a suite, so really that has to take priority right? Ugh. Life happens. How do you fit something like this in??

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!