Monday, March 17, 2014

we will overcome

I stand here imperfect right before you
been searching so long for a way to get through
swallowed the universe abandoned in my youth
I still can't forsake what I know is true

I will always evolve and never give in
I will follow my dreams cause I know I will win
And I will not justify what I did
Through the pain sweat and tears, I have learned to forgive
I stand here naked, this is my truth
- New Politics, Overcome

This is a GREAT song, people. A great song. This 600 mile goal is fabulous, because otherwise I would never have gone to the mountain yesterday at 9:30 am, knowing I had to take a grumpy child away from her miserable life for a couple hours. And it was a beastly run. And I would never have gotten out at 10 on Sat knowing I had committed to do same with a different grumpy child, neither child my own. And yet I got out this morning before 9:30 in order to get my miles in before I hopped a flight to Hotlanta, which this week is Coldlanta. The goal drives consistency, which is one thing important in life I think. In general, anyway. Nothing wrong with spontaneity and no plans at all, which is what I tend to prefer for my downtime. And yes, I am NOT a morning person!! Anyway, I am blessed to have the opportunity to do this work with disadvantaged children. I want to provide kids an Aunt Nancy who perhaps don't have one. I wish I had told Aunt Nancy that before she died. But I guess my point is that consistency drives evolution. Perhaps more importantly in my circumstance, it provides routine and important activity that prohibits dwelling on sadness or the emptiness in my heart. It even fills my heart up, whether with love or worry for my own kids or others, it fills up. Which ultimately leads to evolution and growth. I can be true to myself, my heart, and my world, congruous with all and nature. My goal today is to accept the gifts and sorrows and joys that the universe has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!