Sunday, March 9, 2014

The road unwinds

I surprise myself sometimes
The way the days unfold and this road unwinds
- Airborne Toxic Event, The Storm

I almost didn't make it out today, what with the book reading and napping and chair building and pigs-in-a-blanket-making that went on. But I did get out around 4 to the gorgeousness of the bright blue sky and cool wind blowing. I felt alright despite the altitude. I think I went 3 miles - down to the lake, around the lake and then back. I walked back because my lovely daughter called me, which she seems to have a penchant for doing while I'm running lately, which is why it's bad to rely on my phone for music, but I digress. I miss her being up here and can't wait to see her tomorrow. I had a genuinely happy run. Happy to feel the wind on my face, the sun and blue sky, happy to see a squirrel bounding through the leaves, happy to see the ducks on the lake and the kids tossing them bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!