Monday, March 10, 2014

Cool

I'm one more here
Some old time pioneer
Who believes with a shaken faith
I still have some cool

I could leave you here with your people
If I'm the flag you'd not prefer to wave

You're always in my head
You're just what I wanted
- Jimmy Eat World, Invented

I'm sitting on my balcony enjoying the cool pines with fat dog at my feet. I had a pretty good run this morning. My lungs burn but the altitude doesn't seem to be impacting me as much as I thought it would. Or maybe I'm only running 1.5 miles and thinking its 3 miles. Eh. The boys and I built a table this morning and that was something, I'll tell you. Now listening to the kids and their friends laugh while playing gin rummy and betting match sticks at the table we built, I know I'm exactly where I need to be. Dreams do come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!